Bracknell Lawn Tennis Club (BLTC) was established in 1948 playing at Hollybank, Bracknell with just 20 people initially. With the kind permission of local volunteers, 3 courts were made available and thus a club was formed 'by acclamation' !
Honorary membership was conferred on our initial founders, whose tireless work and dedication provided the platform for Bracknell Tennis to survive in its early infancy - soon after, a committee was formed and the club started to develop.
In 1949, BLTC applied to join the Berkshire LTA and soon after joined the county leagues. Bracknell Tennis club continued to use the Hollybank courts and later made use of Jocks Lane court facilities for the next 20+ years as the club increased in size.
In 1973, an opportunity arose to switch to Lily Hill Park, our present day location. Amongst our first purchases was the establishment of a club pavilion, a 55ft x 25ft Terrapin building! The club has since grown from strength to strength, with an established reputation as one of the 'most beautiful locations' in Berkshire to enjoy tennis.
In 2001, we built a modern, 'chalet style' clubhouse with modern facilities, aimed at improving the standard of tennis and encouraging a 'club ethic'. The clubhouse was opened in July 2001 by Mark Cox and continues to offer tremendous opportunities for numerous events such as Ratings tournaments and club events throughout the year.